Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Key Components To Winning in Fantasy Football


If you are a NFL fan of any sort, then you should try fantasy football at least once in your lifetime. Fantasy football allows you to become the general manager of your "so-called" all-star team. Being able to draft your players for the season; every move you make is an important one.

I have only been participating in fantasy football for the last two years. Last year was a little shaky for me because I did not understand the importance on how to build your team. Typically, on a team, you want to draft enough players to fulfill 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and a D/ST per week.

I personally think that drafting running backs early are the top picks of anyone's draft. The reason of me saying this is because running backs have the biggest turnout compared to any other position.

In this years draft I had the 3rd pick of the draft. I knew I was going to have to choose between Larry Johnson, which whom I picked last year as the 1st pick, or 2006 standout Frank Gore. I decided to choose Frank Gore because of Larry Johnson's off season scurries.

For my second pick, I had to choose if I wanted another running back or to choose a quarterback. Having all of my top quarterbacks taken for my second pick I decided to pick Reggie Bush, because he had a good year last year and there were high expectations for the young Saints team.

Knowing that my top quarterbacks have been picked I decided to wait three rounds and draft all receivers, and then pick a remaining QB. I ended up picking Andre Johnson, Donald Driver, and Terrell Owens. I then picked up Jon Kitna because of the weapons he has surrounding him.









0 comments:

My Fantasy Football Blog Newsletter

Contributors

Followers

Powered by Blogger.